Saturday, August 02, 2003

Musikfest, Day 1

Well, I forgot to post that Musikfest started today (yesterday as of this writing). Silly me. Anyway, here's what I did on Day 1.

Only one gig tonight (last night?): I saw The Arrogant Worms, at Liederplatz. They're from Canada, and billed as "musical comedy". I went to see them on a suggestion from a friend, and was not dissappointed! They made fun of everyone: themselves, Canada, each other, the audience. I think I laughed the whole time. They played outrageously funny songs such as "We Are the Beaver", "I Am Cow", and "I Pulled My Groin". I'll definitely try to catch them next year, if they come around.

Tomorrow I'll be checking out the Red Elvises, and give a write-up on that. Also, I'll give a write-up on Cast in Bronze, as Frank is going to be a main-stage attraction at Americaplatz at the same time the Red Elvises play. I'm pissed I'm going to miss Frank's (only) performance at Musikfest this year, but I've listed to his stuff for the past two years. He's a cool guy, and deserves it. The Red Elvises play on Sunday, too, so it's still in the air. You'll find out tomorrow.